• Your application for the use of school district facilities will be approved after submission of the necessary Use of Facilities and/or Kitchen Applications via email to facilities@roxbury.org

    Facility Usage Request Form

    CANCELLATIONS - Please be advised that cancellations made 48 hours or less before a scheduled event will be subject to a flat fee of $250.00. 

    By submitting the Application for Use of Facilities you are agreeing to the following requirements as well as the attached Board of Education Regulation #R7510 with respect to Use of School Facilities.  Policy 7510Regulation 7510, and 7510 Acknowledgement Form

    All facilities are designated non-smoking and alcoholic beverages of any kind are prohibited. Granting use of a facility is at the sole discretion of Roxbury Township Public Schools. Roxbury Township Public Schools reserves the right to cancel use of a facility as a result of inclement weather. The user of a facility is responsible for any damage related to the use of such a facility. 

    An estimation of rental fees and/or personnel charges will be provided with the approved permit and must be paid at least 1 week before the date of the event.


    Insurance Requirements

    Approval is also contingent upon the receipt of a Certificate of Insurance providing liability limits of at least $1,000,000.00 for bodily injury and property damage and indicating the existence of contractual liability. The Roxbury Township Board of Education must be named on said certificate as an additional insured. 

    The Certificate Holder should be:

    RoxburyTownship Board of Education

    42 North Hillside Avenue

    Succasunna, NJ  07876


    Please be sure to indicate which building you will be using and for what purpose. If your request is for a single performance/event, the date should be included in the Description of Operations section. If your request is for multiple dates (example: weekly or monthly meetings or sports practices/games), the wording “during the policy period” may be used in the Description of Operations section.  Sample COI & Hold Harmless:

    Hold Harmless Agreement

    Roxbury Sample COI


    Example of wording to be used for a request with multiple dates: Certificate Holder is included as an Additional Insured for meetings at Roxbury High School throughout the policy period.

    In addition, you must submit satisfactory evidence that your insurance coverage includes the indemnification agreement set forth in the Board Rules and Regulations concerning the use of school facilities as stated below: 

    “The lessee shall indemnify the Board of Education and save it harmless from and against all losses, damages, liability and expenses including attorney’s fees, arising out of any claim or demand or any proceeding or action to enforce any claim or demand, by any person, for personal injury or property damage resulting from or arising out of the use of the land and buildings of the Board of Education in connection with the performance of or furtherance of this agreement by the lessee, whether or not due to the carelessness, negligence or improper conduct of the lessee, its employees, agents or guests.”


    Fire Prevention Permit

    The Roxbury Township Schools must comply with the Uniform Fire Code as stated below. Therefore, if your application for Use of School Facilities is identified as requiring a fire permit, you must contact the Township of Roxbury Fire Prevention Office to obtain the necessary permit and provide a copy to the Business Office prior to event approval. Any organization found within the building without a required permit will be fined. 

    Under the Uniform Fire Code, 5:70-2.7, “permits shall be required and obtained from the local enforcing agency…” 

    A permit application may be obtained online at:  Type1 Permit


    Health Department Permit

    Food being served at an event in any of the Roxbury Township Board of Education’s facilities may require a permit from the Roxbury Township Department of Health. See the Guidelines for Temporary Food Establishments, included in this information packet. You will have to contact the Department of Health at 973-448-2028 for further information and application instructions when applicable.

    Temporary Food and Drink Application


    Legalized Games and Raffle License

    Organizations desiring to be licensed to conduct bingo or raffles must begin with the Legalized Games of Chance Control Commission, established under the Department of Law and Public Safety to administer the bingo and raffles licensing laws. Please refer to the attached guidelines for further instructions on obtaining the necessary license and authorization.

    Bingo and Raffle License Process Instructions